Japanese telco NTT Docomo is investing an additional 28.4m euros in Net Mobile AG, which it acquired in 2009, to allow the mobile content distributor to purchase a controlling stake in private German bank Bankverein Werther. Adding the bank’s ecommerce and payment services will strengthen Net Mobile’s — and Docomo’s — payments platform in Germany, and its banking and credit licenses will allow Net Mobile to offer direct debit and credit card payments.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit