Japanese telco NTT Docomo is investing an additional 28.4m euros in Net Mobile AG, which it acquired in 2009, to allow the mobile content distributor to purchase a controlling stake in private German bank Bankverein Werther. Adding the bank’s ecommerce and payment services will strengthen Net Mobile’s — and Docomo’s — payments platform in Germany, and its banking and credit licenses will allow Net Mobile to offer direct debit and credit card payments.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes