Japanese telco NTT Docomo is investing an additional 28.4m euros in Net Mobile AG, which it acquired in 2009, to allow the mobile content distributor to purchase a controlling stake in private German bank Bankverein Werther. Adding the bank’s ecommerce and payment services will strengthen Net Mobile’s — and Docomo’s — payments platform in Germany, and its banking and credit licenses will allow Net Mobile to offer direct debit and credit card payments.
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash
- NFC mobile payments ‘shake off the novelty tag’ in the UK
- Bank issues primary school kids with NFC smartwatches that let them make payments and track pocket money