Starbucks has processed more than 20 million mobile payments since rolling out the application in January, according to VentureBeat. Users with the coffee chain’s mobile applications can pay with their smartphones at 9,000 locations by showing an on-screen barcode at the cash register. At its recent earnings call, the company disclosed that there are now over a million smartphones with at least one registered Starbucks Card.
- LG Pay goes live in the US with NFC and mag stripe mobile payments
- East reports on Apple Pay fraud in Europe
- IMF reports on the impact of digital money on banking business models
- PayPal launches its Xoom mobile remittance service in Europe
- Miami-Dade to roll out open loop ticketing in August?