Starbucks has processed more than 20 million mobile payments since rolling out the application in January, according to VentureBeat. Users with the coffee chain’s mobile applications can pay with their smartphones at 9,000 locations by showing an on-screen barcode at the cash register. At its recent earnings call, the company disclosed that there are now over a million smartphones with at least one registered Starbucks Card.
- Gatwick Airport installs 2,000 BLE beacons for augmented reality wayfinding
- Lotte Card introduces ‘pay with your palm’
- Debit cards set to overtake cash in 2018, three years earlier than expected
- Digital, decisive and drone-ready: American Express commissioned study shows Gen Z’s customer experience expectations
- EU agency calls for action on IoT security