Starbucks has processed more than 20 million mobile payments since rolling out the application in January, according to VentureBeat. Users with the coffee chain’s mobile applications can pay with their smartphones at 9,000 locations by showing an on-screen barcode at the cash register. At its recent earnings call, the company disclosed that there are now over a million smartphones with at least one registered Starbucks Card.
- NXP sets out its vision for the future of NFC payments
- Tesco lets shoppers self-checkout with their mobile phone at new Jack’s discount chain
- Brunei’s largest bank to use Rambus’ Token Service Provider platform to secure mobile payment transactions
- HID Global enables workers to log in with NFC mobile phones
- Costa lets customers make payments with their coffee cups