Starbucks has processed more than 20 million mobile payments since rolling out the application in January, according to VentureBeat. Users with the coffee chain’s mobile applications can pay with their smartphones at 9,000 locations by showing an on-screen barcode at the cash register. At its recent earnings call, the company disclosed that there are now over a million smartphones with at least one registered Starbucks Card.
- NFC World launches Go to Market service for innovative technology suppliers
- Google includes support for FeliCa NFC payments in Pixel 3 smartphones
- Standard Chartered unveils IoT payments platform that automatically triggers a payment when a connected product arrives at a destination
- Commonwealth Bank to test ‘smart money’ that knows what it can be spent on
- Alipay: Hackers have used stolen Apple IDs to lift funds from mobile wallets