Nokia has released a software update that switches on NFC tag reading functionality in its MeeGo-based N9 handset. Once the PR1.1 update is loaded on the phone, the company says, it will “instantly interact with NFC tags”.
- Monzo launches instant Google Pay provisioning
- Qantas uses NFC to pre-enrol passengers for biometric boarding service
- Moooi adds NFC tags to its designer furniture to guarantee authenticity
- L’Oréal launches wearable sensor that uses NFC to alert iPhone users to the risk of sun damage to their skin
- Swiss banks face mobile payments boycott investigation