“We’re doing a trial with Google Wallet and it’s great for those consumers who don’t have cash but want to buy a Coke,” Coca-Cola SVP Wendy Clark told attendees at Ad:tech in New York this week, Mobile Commerce Daily reports. “We’re experimenting with this…. The combination of mobile commerce and location technology moves our business from the point of sale to the point of thirst,” she explained. “If we know where you are and that you are thirsty we can move you to the nearest outlet to quench that thirst.”
- LG Pay goes live in the US with NFC and mag stripe mobile payments
- East reports on Apple Pay fraud in Europe
- IMF reports on the impact of digital money on banking business models
- PayPal launches its Xoom mobile remittance service in Europe
- Miami-Dade to roll out open loop ticketing in August?