A teardown of the new Motorola Droid Razr conducted for Engadget has discovered that the smartphone includes an NXP PN544 NFC controller chip. Engadget notes, however, that “the Linux driver is present, but hardware appears to be missing or misconfigured.”
- NFC mobile payments users triple in Poland in a year
- Apple Pay to go live in Scandinavia next week?
- Samsung Pay doubles its user base in Korea
- Dejamobile to supply Paris regional transit authority with NFC mobile ticketing technology
- Mastercard CEO: Cash is our main competitor