Label manufacturer MPI has added NFC tags to its RFID product line. Shauna Bardo, general manager for RFID, says, “NFC tags provide opportunity for companies to present their promotional items and new product launches with added depth in sales analysis. It also gives consumers a new dimension in product interaction.” MPI Label Systems employs more than 550 staff at nine manufacturing facilities and 35 sales offices across the US.
- Chase lets customers make payments with Fitbit and Garmin wearables
- Transport for London adds in-app contactless journey tracking
- Amazon to pilot sound-based payments for cash on delivery service in India
- US merchants increase support for NFC in stores, cut back on Apple Pay and Google Pay online
- Apple Pay runs ‘Lose your wallet’ promotion in New York City