Samsung shipped four million NFC phones in the first eight months of this year, the GSM Association’s Nav Bains has revealed. The company had previously shipped just 100,000 NFC handsets in total. Bains, the trade association’s NFC lead, says that the technology has now reached a tipping point and that the GSMA knows of 26 commercially available handsets offering SIM-based NFC.
- Eftpos brings Apple Pay debit payments to Australia with Rambus tokenization technology
- NFC mobile payments users triple in Poland in a year
- Apple Pay to go live in Scandinavia next week?
- Samsung Pay doubles its user base in Korea
- Dejamobile to supply Paris regional transit authority with NFC mobile ticketing technology