Samsung shipped four million NFC phones in the first eight months of this year, the GSM Association’s Nav Bains has revealed. The company had previously shipped just 100,000 NFC handsets in total. Bains, the trade association’s NFC lead, says that the technology has now reached a tipping point and that the GSMA knows of 26 commercially available handsets offering SIM-based NFC.
- US Payments Forum offers card-not-present fraud advice
- Starbucks to add gift cards to iMessage as Mobile Order & Pay grows
- Dynamics CEO shares details on how LG Pay will work with magnetic stripe card terminals
- Esso customers get mobile payments and rewards at 1,000 Canadian gas stations
- White paper explores how dedicated Android NFC devices can be used to improve the delivery of financial services in emerging markets