Samsung shipped four million NFC phones in the first eight months of this year, the GSM Association’s Nav Bains has revealed. The company had previously shipped just 100,000 NFC handsets in total. Bains, the trade association’s NFC lead, says that the technology has now reached a tipping point and that the GSMA knows of 26 commercially available handsets offering SIM-based NFC.
- Wearable ‘Teng’ generators harvest energy from body movement to charge mobiles
- Federal Reserve plans to endorse a faster payment system
- Carrier billing for Apple services spreads to Denmark, Hong Kong, Sweden
- TD Canada for iOS now lets you easily add TD cards to Apple Pay
- PayPal to let Citibank and Chase customers pay with loyalty points