Japanese mobile network operator Softbank, card issuer Credit Saison and American Express have teamed up with NFC technology providers Dai Nippon Printing and Gemalto to test SIM-based NFC payments on Android phones. The three month trial sees an NFC version of American Express’ contactless Expresspay service being stored on an NFC SIM issued by Softbank, rather than the embedded secure element used in Google Wallet.
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands
- Mastercard tests biometric payments card in South Africa