“Mobey Forum strongly believes in and promotes the concept of the mobile wallet as an open platform rather than a system limited to the provider’s partnerships,” says the mobile financial services association in a new white paper (PDF) which calls for ownership of a mobile wallet to reside with the end user. “When the mobile wallet is an open platform, the ultimate decision on opting for and managing services rests with the user. From a branding point of view, the wallet could very well be white-labelled, and the choice left to the user as to what services and brands the user connects to this.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works