RIM has now added support for NFC peer-to-peer applications with the release of the software development kit for the BlackBerry 7.1 operating system. The NFC peer-to-peer API allows applications to share larger files and other data through NFC-initiated communication which is then handed over to Bluetooth. Use cases include starting multiplayer games by tapping two handsets together.
- Opal card implanted into Sydney man Meow-Meow could be deactivated by NSW authorities
- American Express goes live with Android Pay in Canada
- A biometric ring could replace your passwords, cards and keys
- Singapore banks to allow cellphone numbers for transfers
- NXP, Shanghai Unicom and Roam2Free collaborate to develop secure eSIM solution