RIM has now added support for NFC peer-to-peer applications with the release of the software development kit for the BlackBerry 7.1 operating system. The NFC peer-to-peer API allows applications to share larger files and other data through NFC-initiated communication which is then handed over to Bluetooth. Use cases include starting multiplayer games by tapping two handsets together.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit