RIM has now added support for NFC peer-to-peer applications with the release of the software development kit for the BlackBerry 7.1 operating system. The NFC peer-to-peer API allows applications to share larger files and other data through NFC-initiated communication which is then handed over to Bluetooth. Use cases include starting multiplayer games by tapping two handsets together.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones