A bug in Android 4’s NFC implementation prevents Samsung’s Galaxy Nexus phone from writing NDEF messages to unformatted tags. First reported on the XDA Developers forums, the problem also affects other devices running Ice Cream Sandwich and is now being addressed by Google: “We’re aware of this issue, and it will be fixed in next upcoming release,” says the company.
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones
- Singtel adds Apple Pay to Dash mobile wallet