A bug in Android 4’s NFC implementation prevents Samsung’s Galaxy Nexus phone from writing NDEF messages to unformatted tags. First reported on the XDA Developers forums, the problem also affects other devices running Ice Cream Sandwich and is now being addressed by Google: “We’re aware of this issue, and it will be fixed in next upcoming release,” says the company.
- Opal card implanted into Sydney man Meow-Meow could be deactivated by NSW authorities
- American Express goes live with Android Pay in Canada
- A biometric ring could replace your passwords, cards and keys
- Singapore banks to allow cellphone numbers for transfers
- NXP, Shanghai Unicom and Roam2Free collaborate to develop secure eSIM solution