Visitors to the Musei Capitolini in Rome can use their NFC smartphones to scan tags on around 300 art works to get detailed information on each exhibit. Those without NFC enabled phones can borrow one of 200 Samsung Star handsets at no extra charge. Scanning a tag will take the user to a web page on their handset offering the work’s title, artist and other descriptive information.
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands
- Mastercard tests biometric payments card in South Africa