Visitors to the Musei Capitolini in Rome can use their NFC smartphones to scan tags on around 300 art works to get detailed information on each exhibit. Those without NFC enabled phones can borrow one of 200 Samsung Star handsets at no extra charge. Scanning a tag will take the user to a web page on their handset offering the work’s title, artist and other descriptive information.
- Mastercard to make Apple Card technology available to other issuers
- Facebook to roll out GlobalCoin digital currency in ‘a dozen countries’ next year
- iPhone NFC ticketing goes live at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium
- India sets out plans for a cash-lite society
- Monese teases Apple Pay launches in 13 European countries