Visitors to the Musei Capitolini in Rome can use their NFC smartphones to scan tags on around 300 art works to get detailed information on each exhibit. Those without NFC enabled phones can borrow one of 200 Samsung Star handsets at no extra charge. Scanning a tag will take the user to a web page on their handset offering the work’s title, artist and other descriptive information.
- HSBC and First Direct join Pay by Bank app
- Apple Pay in-store adoption is “growing nicely”
- Apple details Touch ID and PC-to-phone payment security features
- Samsung reveals S8 with multi-biometrics, Samsung Pay reaches quarter of a billion transactions and adds online payments
- Dunkin’ Donuts customers get mobile ordering through Google’s navigation app