Dickson Chu, the high profile head of digital networks at Google Wallet financial services partner Citi, has left the banking group to head up a new merchant solutions division at local deals provider LivingSocial. In his new role the former PayPal vice president “will develop and promote products and services to meet the marketing and operational needs of local merchants.”
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole