US-based vending machine technology provider Cantaloupe Systems has equipped 6,000 units in San Francisco, Chicago and the mid-Atlantic region to accept Google Wallet, AllthingsD reports, while Chicago-based Mark Vend plans to convert half its 2,000 machines in the first half of 2012. Coca-Cola is also conducting a trial of Google Wallet in vending machines.
- Scotiabank adds multi-loyalty programs to mobile banking apps
- Urban Airship analysis of retailers’ mobile wallet coupons and loyalty cards reveals widespread peer-to-peer sharing
- Brewery puts NFC tags in beer coasters in San Diego pub
- Bahrain to launch national e-wallet on July 4
- Square gets green light to take on banks with ‘PIN on glass’ mobile technology