Japanese entertainment ticketing agency Boardwalk, whose shareholders include mobile network operator NTT Docomo, has announced plans to upgrade its system to support NFC. The company already offers customers the option to store tickets in their Osaifu-Keitai mobile wallets. The move to NFC, says the company, will enable it to expand internationally.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service