Japanese entertainment ticketing agency Boardwalk, whose shareholders include mobile network operator NTT Docomo, has announced plans to upgrade its system to support NFC. The company already offers customers the option to store tickets in their Osaifu-Keitai mobile wallets. The move to NFC, says the company, will enable it to expand internationally.
- Thinfilm raises US$110m to support growth in NFC market
- Facebook Messenger adds PayPal P2P payments
- Mastercard to eliminate signature verification at the point of sale
- The Clearing House to secure real-time payments system with tokenization
- Visa makes it easier to integrate emerging authentication technologies