The UK will be the next country to get Google Wallet, following its US launch in October 2011, according to Les Echos. A pilot project involving both NFC payments and offers will begin in London in the first quarter of 2012, the French newspaper reports, with the aim of having the service live in time for the London 2012 Olympics this summer.
- Wells Fargo adds support for Fitbit Pay
- Apple details Apple Pay Cash in updated iOS Security guide
- India to add face recognition to Aadhaar biometric ID system
- Bank of America reports 84% rise in P2P payment transactions
- One in five Brits to make mobile payments in stores this year