The number of NFC handsets shipped worldwide in 2011 will total 35 million, according to IMS Research. Sales will accelerate over the next twelve months to reach 80 million handsets by the end of 2012, the forecasters predict.
- NXP powers NFC payments in Sony Wena smart watch strap
- Walmart cancelled in-aisle self-checkout project due to high levels of shopper theft
- Kroger launches payments, offers and rewards app for iOS and Android
- Tesco lets customers use Siri to check their bank balance
- CaixaBank rolls out facial recognition ATMs