The number of NFC handsets shipped worldwide in 2011 will total 35 million, according to IMS Research. Sales will accelerate over the next twelve months to reach 80 million handsets by the end of 2012, the forecasters predict.
- Chinese airlines to offer NFC baggage tags at Beijing airport
- Italian rail operator to pilot barrier-free transit ticketing
- XYZ to adopt finger vein payments at co-working cafe
- Manchester reports on open loop contactless ticketing adoption
- EMVCo to support eight-digit Issuer Identification Numbers from 2021