POS terminal supplier Verifone has entered “a must-have phase for chip-and-PIN almost everywhere around the globe,” CEO Douglas Bergeron told analysts during its fourth quarter earnings call, Bank Technology News reports. “I think we are reaching a point where more and more people are saying they don’t know what the future is for sure, but they know near field communication is going to be part of it and they don’t want to be flat-footed when that day arrives,” said Bergeron.
- Barclays opens Pingit wearable payments store
- Chinese airlines to offer NFC baggage tags at Beijing airport
- Italian rail operator to pilot barrier-free transit ticketing
- XYZ to adopt finger vein payments at co-working cafe
- Manchester reports on open loop contactless ticketing adoption