POS terminal supplier Verifone has entered “a must-have phase for chip-and-PIN almost everywhere around the globe,” CEO Douglas Bergeron told analysts during its fourth quarter earnings call, Bank Technology News reports. “I think we are reaching a point where more and more people are saying they don’t know what the future is for sure, but they know near field communication is going to be part of it and they don’t want to be flat-footed when that day arrives,” said Bergeron.
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers
- BIS reports on the potential of central bank-issued cryptocurrencies