Google has started rolling out Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS), which adds Android Beam NFC functionality, as an over-the-air update for its Nexus S handsets. Manufacturer Samsung has also announced that selected high-end phones and tablets will get ICS upgrades next year, starting in Q1 with the Galaxy S II and the Galaxy Note — though timing will vary by country and carrier.
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland
- bPay contactless wearables enable automatic donations to UK charities
- UK restaurant chains test digital mobile banking receipts tied to customer purchases
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations