Google has started rolling out Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS), which adds Android Beam NFC functionality, as an over-the-air update for its Nexus S handsets. Manufacturer Samsung has also announced that selected high-end phones and tablets will get ICS upgrades next year, starting in Q1 with the Galaxy S II and the Galaxy Note — though timing will vary by country and carrier.
- One in 10 UK consumers have used mobile payments, survey reveals
- 25% of UK card payments now contactless
- NFC included in Nintendo Switch controller
- US bank to upgrade all ATMs for mobile withdrawals
- Australian bank offers instant digital card replacement