Google has started rolling out Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS), which adds Android Beam NFC functionality, as an over-the-air update for its Nexus S handsets. Manufacturer Samsung has also announced that selected high-end phones and tablets will get ICS upgrades next year, starting in Q1 with the Galaxy S II and the Galaxy Note — though timing will vary by country and carrier.
- ‘Connected finance’ app Curve hits £50m spend ahead of UK launch
- Venmo is testing its own physical debit card
- Google is running a massive Android Pay promo in Australia with 200,000 prizes worth $1.6 million
- Rakbank is the first bank in the Middle East to introduce Samsung Pay solutions for its ATMs
- Westpac shock as Apple bans its messaging payments app after three months