Google has started rolling out Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS), which adds Android Beam NFC functionality, as an over-the-air update for its Nexus S handsets. Manufacturer Samsung has also announced that selected high-end phones and tablets will get ICS upgrades next year, starting in Q1 with the Galaxy S II and the Galaxy Note — though timing will vary by country and carrier.
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?