Google has started rolling out Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS), which adds Android Beam NFC functionality, as an over-the-air update for its Nexus S handsets. Manufacturer Samsung has also announced that selected high-end phones and tablets will get ICS upgrades next year, starting in Q1 with the Galaxy S II and the Galaxy Note — though timing will vary by country and carrier.
- Masterpass QR expands to merchants across Sub-Saharan Africa
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus to support Bluetooth 5
- HSBC and First Direct join Pay by Bank app
- Apple Pay in-store adoption is “growing nicely”
- Apple details Touch ID and PC-to-phone payment security features