Google has started rolling out Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS), which adds Android Beam NFC functionality, as an over-the-air update for its Nexus S handsets. Manufacturer Samsung has also announced that selected high-end phones and tablets will get ICS upgrades next year, starting in Q1 with the Galaxy S II and the Galaxy Note — though timing will vary by country and carrier.
- Manhattan skyscraper secures fire safety system with tamper-evident NFC tags
- NFC mobile payments roll out in Saudi Arabia
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups
- Malibu adds NFC tags to 300,000 bottles for ‘Because Summer’ campaign