A new loyalty platform for independent restaurants and cafés has begun pilot testing in Ottawa, Canada. Spoonity uses NFC tags to identify customers and NFC phones to administer points and rewards. “Spoonity can be part of the sales voice of a privately-owned restaurant,” co-founder Myron Gomes told online newspaper Kanata EMC. “The low overhead makes us an affordable vehicle with plenty of benefits.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works