A new loyalty platform for independent restaurants and cafés has begun pilot testing in Ottawa, Canada. Spoonity uses NFC tags to identify customers and NFC phones to administer points and rewards. “Spoonity can be part of the sales voice of a privately-owned restaurant,” co-founder Myron Gomes told online newspaper Kanata EMC. “The low overhead makes us an affordable vehicle with plenty of benefits.”
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain
- Mercedes Pay mobile payments unveiled for Daimler mobility services
- P2P service expands to Macau
- GlobalPlatform standardises TEE management
- Google to add payments for Home Assistant?