Germany’s Landesbank Berlin has begun testing NFC payments, using iPhones equipped with an iCaisse NFC case, in conjunction with Visa Europe and Swiss Post Solutions, a division of the Swiss postal service. The bank plans to begin offering an NFC payments service nationally next year.
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service
- Japanese banks to develop shared customer ID platform
- Nest lets home owners use NFC tags to share access to home security system
- NFC Forum launches tag certification program