Home Depot has become the first US retailer to test PayPal’s mobile payments solutions in-store. The trial is taking place at five stores and involves “a small number” of employees, says PayPal. Employees can pay for items using a PayPal-issued credit card or by entering their mobile phone number into a POS device, according to AllThingsD. The online payments giant recently ran an NFC trial in Sweden and has included NFC peer-to-peer payments in the latest version of PayPal Mobile App for Android.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills