Home Depot has become the first US retailer to test PayPal’s mobile payments solutions in-store. The trial is taking place at five stores and involves “a small number” of employees, says PayPal. Employees can pay for items using a PayPal-issued credit card or by entering their mobile phone number into a POS device, according to AllThingsD. The online payments giant recently ran an NFC trial in Sweden and has included NFC peer-to-peer payments in the latest version of PayPal Mobile App for Android.
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole