Home Depot has become the first US retailer to test PayPal’s mobile payments solutions in-store. The trial is taking place at five stores and involves “a small number” of employees, says PayPal. Employees can pay for items using a PayPal-issued credit card or by entering their mobile phone number into a POS device, according to AllThingsD. The online payments giant recently ran an NFC trial in Sweden and has included NFC peer-to-peer payments in the latest version of PayPal Mobile App for Android.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain