Verizon Wireless and Alcatel-Lucent are demonstrating a range of mobile solutions for retailers at the CES show this week, including an NFC solution that enables a consumer to collect a coupon with their NFC device and then redeem it at an interactive Virtual Personal Stylist (VPS) kiosk. VPS, first shown last year, lets shoppers create an avatar based on measurements captured during an in-store scanning process, and then virtually “try on” clothing and beauty products. Yale NFC door locks are also on show on the Verizon stand.
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations
- WeChat Pay and offline mobile payments see “incredibly high” uptake in China
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments