Verizon Wireless and Alcatel-Lucent are demonstrating a range of mobile solutions for retailers at the CES show this week, including an NFC solution that enables a consumer to collect a coupon with their NFC device and then redeem it at an interactive Virtual Personal Stylist (VPS) kiosk. VPS, first shown last year, lets shoppers create an avatar based on measurements captured during an in-store scanning process, and then virtually “try on” clothing and beauty products. Yale NFC door locks are also on show on the Verizon stand.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones