Verizon Wireless and Alcatel-Lucent are demonstrating a range of mobile solutions for retailers at the CES show this week, including an NFC solution that enables a consumer to collect a coupon with their NFC device and then redeem it at an interactive Virtual Personal Stylist (VPS) kiosk. VPS, first shown last year, lets shoppers create an avatar based on measurements captured during an in-store scanning process, and then virtually “try on” clothing and beauty products. Yale NFC door locks are also on show on the Verizon stand.
- Mahindra Comviva adds offers and promotions to mobile money platform
- Mastercard adds bar tab feature to Qkr! mobile payments app
- Huawei includes NFC payments in new smartwatch
- China’s central bank tests digital currency for in-store payments
- NXP reveals secure element and NFC solution that speeds transaction times, increases security and supports smaller form factors