Verizon Wireless and Alcatel-Lucent are demonstrating a range of mobile solutions for retailers at the CES show this week, including an NFC solution that enables a consumer to collect a coupon with their NFC device and then redeem it at an interactive Virtual Personal Stylist (VPS) kiosk. VPS, first shown last year, lets shoppers create an avatar based on measurements captured during an in-store scanning process, and then virtually “try on” clothing and beauty products. Yale NFC door locks are also on show on the Verizon stand.
- Manhattan skyscraper secures fire safety system with tamper-evident NFC tags
- NFC mobile payments roll out in Saudi Arabia
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups
- Malibu adds NFC tags to 300,000 bottles for ‘Because Summer’ campaign