Verizon Wireless and Alcatel-Lucent are demonstrating a range of mobile solutions for retailers at the CES show this week, including an NFC solution that enables a consumer to collect a coupon with their NFC device and then redeem it at an interactive Virtual Personal Stylist (VPS) kiosk. VPS, first shown last year, lets shoppers create an avatar based on measurements captured during an in-store scanning process, and then virtually “try on” clothing and beauty products. Yale NFC door locks are also on show on the Verizon stand.
- Apple extends GymKit NFC functionality to additional gym equipment market leaders
- NFC testing disruptor Cilab joins the NFC World Partner Program
- Japanese government to adopt iPhone NFC chip reading for citizen ID
- Imperial College develops NFC tag-based freshness detection system to reduce food waste
- European mobile wallets adopt Alipay QR code format to boost payment interoperability