Verizon Wireless and Alcatel-Lucent are demonstrating a range of mobile solutions for retailers at the CES show this week, including an NFC solution that enables a consumer to collect a coupon with their NFC device and then redeem it at an interactive Virtual Personal Stylist (VPS) kiosk. VPS, first shown last year, lets shoppers create an avatar based on measurements captured during an in-store scanning process, and then virtually “try on” clothing and beauty products. Yale NFC door locks are also on show on the Verizon stand.
- Spanish winemaker uses NFC in major promotional campaign
- AIB celebrates Apple Pay launch with €0.01 ice cream cones
- How facial recognition could replace train tickets
- Convenience store Cheers opens first unmanned, cashless outlet
- Visa chasing Indian payments market as mobile money gains traction