RIM has begun rolling out the BlackBerry 7.1 operating system update, which includes the NFC-based BlackBerry Tag service. BlackBerry Tag allows users of RIM’s NFC phones to instantly invite a friend to BBM or exchange contact information, web links and multimedia content as well as pair their BlackBerry with NFC-enabled Bluetooth devices. Updates are taking place worldwide over the next few weeks “subject to carrier certification”.
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations
- WeChat Pay and offline mobile payments see “incredibly high” uptake in China
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments