RIM has begun rolling out the BlackBerry 7.1 operating system update, which includes the NFC-based BlackBerry Tag service. BlackBerry Tag allows users of RIM’s NFC phones to instantly invite a friend to BBM or exchange contact information, web links and multimedia content as well as pair their BlackBerry with NFC-enabled Bluetooth devices. Updates are taking place worldwide over the next few weeks “subject to carrier certification”.
- EBA issues opinion on strong customer authentication requirements under PSD2
- Eurosmart reports rise in smartphones with embedded secure elements
- Mastercard unveils smart mirror that lets shoppers make payments in the fitting room
- WhatsApp tests mobile payments with one million consumers in India
- Popularity of contactless payments pushes debit cards ahead of cash in the UK