RIM has begun rolling out the BlackBerry 7.1 operating system update, which includes the NFC-based BlackBerry Tag service. BlackBerry Tag allows users of RIM’s NFC phones to instantly invite a friend to BBM or exchange contact information, web links and multimedia content as well as pair their BlackBerry with NFC-enabled Bluetooth devices. Updates are taking place worldwide over the next few weeks “subject to carrier certification”.
- Rail passengers pilot Bluetooth and geolocation service for ticket-free travel
- Chinese to get cash using face recognition ATMs
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform