RIM has begun rolling out the BlackBerry 7.1 operating system update, which includes the NFC-based BlackBerry Tag service. BlackBerry Tag allows users of RIM’s NFC phones to instantly invite a friend to BBM or exchange contact information, web links and multimedia content as well as pair their BlackBerry with NFC-enabled Bluetooth devices. Updates are taking place worldwide over the next few weeks “subject to carrier certification”.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service