Automotive components manufacturer Continental has been showing its NFC mobile car key at the CES in Las Vegas this week. The Simplify Your Drive mobile key, previously demonstrated at the IAA Motor show in Frankfurt, allows driver preferences to be recalled when an NFC phone is touched to the car dashboard. Continental is also working with Deutsche Telekom on sending car ‘keys’ to mobile wallets securely over the air.
- Gatwick Airport installs 2,000 BLE beacons for augmented reality wayfinding
- Lotte Card introduces ‘pay with your palm’
- Debit cards set to overtake cash in 2018, three years earlier than expected
- Digital, decisive and drone-ready: American Express commissioned study shows Gen Z’s customer experience expectations
- EU agency calls for action on IoT security