Automotive components manufacturer Continental has been showing its NFC mobile car key at the CES in Las Vegas this week. The Simplify Your Drive mobile key, previously demonstrated at the IAA Motor show in Frankfurt, allows driver preferences to be recalled when an NFC phone is touched to the car dashboard. Continental is also working with Deutsche Telekom on sending car ‘keys’ to mobile wallets securely over the air.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones