Automotive components manufacturer Continental has been showing its NFC mobile car key at the CES in Las Vegas this week. The Simplify Your Drive mobile key, previously demonstrated at the IAA Motor show in Frankfurt, allows driver preferences to be recalled when an NFC phone is touched to the car dashboard. Continental is also working with Deutsche Telekom on sending car ‘keys’ to mobile wallets securely over the air.
- Alipay and UnionPay to support Japanese J-Coin digital currency
- ETSI mandates hardware security for consumer IoT devices
- Swiss railway operator SBB to roll out account-based mobile ticketing
- EU sets out plans for contactless European identity cards
- SK Telecom and Deutsche Telekom to build blockchain-based digital ID platform