Nearly 20,000 NFC tags from UPM RFID will be embedded in smart posters and stickers used to promote Helsinki’s year as the World Design Capital. The BullsEye NFC tags feature NXP’s Mifare Ultralight chips and will direct smartphone users to download a WDC 2012 app which acts as a guide to events and the 300 design projects taking place in the Finnish capital during 2012.
- Serbian bank launches HCE mobile payments
- Magazine focuses on Indian demonetisation and mobile money
- Apple buys facial recognition startup
- TfL and Barclaycard to extend contactless network
- EMV card shipments grow less than 1% in 2016