Nearly 20,000 NFC tags from UPM RFID will be embedded in smart posters and stickers used to promote Helsinki’s year as the World Design Capital. The BullsEye NFC tags feature NXP’s Mifare Ultralight chips and will direct smartphone users to download a WDC 2012 app which acts as a guide to events and the 300 design projects taking place in the Finnish capital during 2012.
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole