Semiconductor maker Melexis has launched an NFC transceiver chip designed and rated for use in the automotive market. The MLX90132 Transceiver IC comes as a 5x5mm QFN package and is expected to be used in keyless entry systems, alarm and immobilizer control and user preference configuration. The chip, produced in partnership with STMicroelectronics, is available in sample quantities now.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service