US broadcaster NBC has extended an agreement with Verifone which will see the television network’s content and ads appear on the POS company’s payment-enabled out-of-home advertising system. Verifone Media has screens in 12,000 taxis — including 6,800 NFC-enabled cabs in New York — 60,000 gas stations and some 1m retailers. Passengers will be able to purchase advertised items and print coupons directly from the taxi screen, say the partners.
- HSBC and First Direct join Pay by Bank app
- Apple Pay in-store adoption is “growing nicely”
- Apple details Touch ID and PC-to-phone payment security features
- Samsung reveals S8 with multi-biometrics, Samsung Pay reaches quarter of a billion transactions and adds online payments
- Dunkin’ Donuts customers get mobile ordering through Google’s navigation app