US broadcaster NBC has extended an agreement with Verifone which will see the television network’s content and ads appear on the POS company’s payment-enabled out-of-home advertising system. Verifone Media has screens in 12,000 taxis — including 6,800 NFC-enabled cabs in New York — 60,000 gas stations and some 1m retailers. Passengers will be able to purchase advertised items and print coupons directly from the taxi screen, say the partners.
- Dutch bank Bunq finds a backdoor way to offer Apple Pay in the Netherlands
- AirAsia to enter the mobile payments market
- Apple’s Gymkit with NFC begins to gain traction
- Macy’s brings mobile self-checkout to department stores
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments