US broadcaster NBC has extended an agreement with Verifone which will see the television network’s content and ads appear on the POS company’s payment-enabled out-of-home advertising system. Verifone Media has screens in 12,000 taxis — including 6,800 NFC-enabled cabs in New York — 60,000 gas stations and some 1m retailers. Passengers will be able to purchase advertised items and print coupons directly from the taxi screen, say the partners.
- App offers order ahead restaurant service
- Facebook given licence to launch Messenger payments in Europe
- NFC clothing range connects US Ski Team with winter sports fans
- Google’s browser connects with BLE
- Belgian bank joins mobile payment platform