An NFC enabled quad-core smartphone from LG could be announced at the Mobile World Congress next month, ahead of a mid-2012 release. According to Pocketnow, the high-end handset — codenamed X3 — will feature a 4.7-inch screen and will run Android 4.
- UK government begins testing iPhone NFC passport reading
- Crédit Agricole pilots biometric bank cards
- Mattel adds NFC to Hot Wheels racing cars
- Android Q to let users log into Wi-Fi networks via NFC, QR or Bluetooth LE
- Chinese retailers shutter unmanned stores as ‘novelty wears off’