An NFC enabled quad-core smartphone from LG could be announced at the Mobile World Congress next month, ahead of a mid-2012 release. According to Pocketnow, the high-end handset — codenamed X3 — will feature a 4.7-inch screen and will run Android 4.
- NXP, Shanghai Unicom and Roam2Free collaborate to develop secure eSIM solution
- Mastercard launches several new APIs for developers
- Apple makes NFC tag reading available for beta testing
- Sydney man has Opal card implanted into hand to make catching public transport easier
- Beijing subway launches smartphone version of travel card