On Track Innovations (OTI) has been granted a US patent on its SIM+antenna NFC technology. US patent 8,090,407, “Contactless Smart SIM”, describes several ways of adding NFC to an existing mobile handset using a special SIM card and an attached antenna.
- IoTize picks ST NFC chip for plug’n’play IoT connectivity
- Dubai drivers use NFC phones to top up parking purses on contactless transit cards
- Researchers aim to print edible RFID tags directly on to food
- Government of Montserrat signs up for digital currency pilot
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia adds support for Samsung Pay