On Track Innovations (OTI) has been granted a US patent on its SIM+antenna NFC technology. US patent 8,090,407, “Contactless Smart SIM”, describes several ways of adding NFC to an existing mobile handset using a special SIM card and an attached antenna.
- Gatwick Airport installs 2,000 BLE beacons for augmented reality wayfinding
- Lotte Card introduces ‘pay with your palm’
- Debit cards set to overtake cash in 2018, three years earlier than expected
- Digital, decisive and drone-ready: American Express commissioned study shows Gen Z’s customer experience expectations
- EU agency calls for action on IoT security