On Track Innovations (OTI) has been granted a US patent on its SIM+antenna NFC technology. US patent 8,090,407, “Contactless Smart SIM”, describes several ways of adding NFC to an existing mobile handset using a special SIM card and an attached antenna.
- Issuers to adopt common QR code for payments in Singapore from 2018
- Norwegian banks to form joint venture in bid to combat threat of global tech giants
- ABN Amro includes access to Tikkie payments in new developer APIs
- Wembley to let fans store contactless tickets in their Apple Wallet
- Amazon moves closer to rollout of automated stores