On Track Innovations (OTI) has been granted a US patent on its SIM+antenna NFC technology. US patent 8,090,407, “Contactless Smart SIM”, describes several ways of adding NFC to an existing mobile handset using a special SIM card and an attached antenna.
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands
- Mastercard tests biometric payments card in South Africa