LG is preparing an NFC enabled 3D smartphone codenamed ‘CX2’ for launch at the Mobile World Congress next month, reports Pocketnow. The apparent successor to the LG Optimus 3D will feature a 4.3-inch ‘glasses-free’ 3D screen and will run Android 2.3 Gingerbread, says the site.
- Apple adds support for Express Card NFC transactions that work even when an iPhone’s battery is almost flat
- Apple updates Core NFC to allow NFC tags to be read without opening an app
- Rambus gets Visa Ready certification for its ecommerce token gateway
- Mobile contactless payment volumes to rise by 30% a year to 2022
- French football club to launch its own cryptocurrency