The Linux Foundation has published a Tizen SDK preview to give application developers a pre-release look at the new mobile operating system. Tizen, a free open source OS based on Linux, is the successor to Meego and will support NFC. Development is led by members of the Tizen Association, which include Intel, Samsung, NTT Docomo, SK Telecom, Orange, Vodafone and Telefónica.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities