The Linux Foundation has published a Tizen SDK preview to give application developers a pre-release look at the new mobile operating system. Tizen, a free open source OS based on Linux, is the successor to Meego and will support NFC. Development is led by members of the Tizen Association, which include Intel, Samsung, NTT Docomo, SK Telecom, Orange, Vodafone and Telefónica.
- Swatch brings its contactless payments service to Europe
- Chinese shopping street adopts face recognition payments
- TD Ameritrade leverages Apple Pay to let share buyers use debit cards to instantly fund their brokerage accounts
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging
- Russian supermarket chain rolls out open loop fingerprint payments service