The Linux Foundation has published a Tizen SDK preview to give application developers a pre-release look at the new mobile operating system. Tizen, a free open source OS based on Linux, is the successor to Meego and will support NFC. Development is led by members of the Tizen Association, which include Intel, Samsung, NTT Docomo, SK Telecom, Orange, Vodafone and Telefónica.
- NFC World launches Go to Market service for innovative technology suppliers
- Google includes support for FeliCa NFC payments in Pixel 3 smartphones
- Standard Chartered unveils IoT payments platform that automatically triggers a payment when a connected product arrives at a destination
- Commonwealth Bank to test ‘smart money’ that knows what it can be spent on
- Alipay: Hackers have used stolen Apple IDs to lift funds from mobile wallets