Inside Secure and embedded semiconductor maker Freescale have developed a reference design for an NFC-enabled prepaid utility meter that users can top up with their NFC phone. The meters would allow householders who prepay for their electricity and other utilities to cut out the need to insert coins or make a special trip to top up a prepaid account card or key.
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users
- Hong Kong transit operator to test WeChat Pay and Alipay
- UK government expands open banking project to credit cards, e-wallets and prepaid cards
- UK consumers want to set their own contactless transaction limit
- Swiss consumers to get single digital ID