German B2B social network Xing has added support for NFC, allowing members to add new contacts to their network by simply tapping together their mobile phones. Xing is using the Android Beam peer-to-peer functionality included in Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich for its NFC service.
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole