Over half the spending put through Visa in Europe in 2020 will be via a mobile device, predicts the payments company. The forecast is based on new figures which show spend on Visa cards in Europe grew 14% in 2011, totaling €1.16 trillion, meaning that €1 in every €7 of consumer spending in Europe is on a Visa card. Almost 80% of that is on debit cards.
- BBVA makes eight APIs available to kickstart open banking program
- Hangzhou buses first to all use mobile pay
- New York forces smart lock maker to improve its security
- Euro Banking Association paper analyses cryptotechnologies in international payments
- Mobile wallet Curve launches ‘time travel’ tool to let you ‘shop in the past’