Over half the spending put through Visa in Europe in 2020 will be via a mobile device, predicts the payments company. The forecast is based on new figures which show spend on Visa cards in Europe grew 14% in 2011, totaling €1.16 trillion, meaning that €1 in every €7 of consumer spending in Europe is on a Visa card. Almost 80% of that is on debit cards.
- Accumulated payments with Samsung Pay surpass W10tn
- Contactless to account for more than one in two POS transactions globally by 2022
- Face ID described as iPhone 8’s ‘crown jewel’, unlocking device in ‘a few hundred milliseconds’
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level