Over half the spending put through Visa in Europe in 2020 will be via a mobile device, predicts the payments company. The forecast is based on new figures which show spend on Visa cards in Europe grew 14% in 2011, totaling €1.16 trillion, meaning that €1 in every €7 of consumer spending in Europe is on a Visa card. Almost 80% of that is on debit cards.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain