Canadian start up ZapTap is using NFC tags instore to give product information to shoppers. By tapping tags on a shelf using a smartphone, consumers will be able to see further information, reviews and offers for the products on display. The service can also offer live customer service and feedback and a merchant ‘dashboard’ gives retailers real-time data on usage of the service.
- Contactless transit payments go live in Miami
- Telia tests 5G face recognition payments
- Lojas Americanas opens checkout-free automated convenience stores in Brazil
- Apple rolls out Apple Card, extends 3% cashback offer to third party merchants
- Facebook to partner with banks for WhatsApp payments rollout?