Canadian start up ZapTap is using NFC tags instore to give product information to shoppers. By tapping tags on a shelf using a smartphone, consumers will be able to see further information, reviews and offers for the products on display. The service can also offer live customer service and feedback and a merchant ‘dashboard’ gives retailers real-time data on usage of the service.
- National Bank of Kuwait claims world first with contactless metal Visa credit card
- Phoenix Suns to provide basketball fans with mobile payments and NFC ticketing at Talking Stick Resort Arena
- HonkMobile launches app-free Apple Pay NFC payments
- Apple Card pilot expands to ‘thousands of retail workers’
- China’s Expresspay Card moves into wearable payments