Canadian start up ZapTap is using NFC tags instore to give product information to shoppers. By tapping tags on a shelf using a smartphone, consumers will be able to see further information, reviews and offers for the products on display. The service can also offer live customer service and feedback and a merchant ‘dashboard’ gives retailers real-time data on usage of the service.
- Opal card implanted into Sydney man Meow-Meow could be deactivated by NSW authorities
- American Express goes live with Android Pay in Canada
- A biometric ring could replace your passwords, cards and keys
- Singapore banks to allow cellphone numbers for transfers
- NXP, Shanghai Unicom and Roam2Free collaborate to develop secure eSIM solution