Canadian start up ZapTap is using NFC tags instore to give product information to shoppers. By tapping tags on a shelf using a smartphone, consumers will be able to see further information, reviews and offers for the products on display. The service can also offer live customer service and feedback and a merchant ‘dashboard’ gives retailers real-time data on usage of the service.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info