MasterCard has opened an R&D centre at its Asia regional headquarters in Singapore. The centre will focus on the research and development of new payment solutions including emerging payments, chip, contactless, mobile and e-commerce.
- NXP, Shanghai Unicom and Roam2Free collaborate to develop secure eSIM solution
- Mastercard launches several new APIs for developers
- Apple makes NFC tag reading available for beta testing
- Sydney man has Opal card implanted into hand to make catching public transport easier
- Beijing subway launches smartphone version of travel card