MasterCard has opened an R&D centre at its Asia regional headquarters in Singapore. The centre will focus on the research and development of new payment solutions including emerging payments, chip, contactless, mobile and e-commerce.
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents
- Card networks to co-develop single buy button for online transactions