“I don’t know of a handset manufacturer that isn’t in process of making sure their stuff is PayPass ready,” Ed McLaughlin, MasterCard‘s head of emerging payments has told Fast Company in an interview. Pressed on whether that “would include Apple then?”, McLaughlin answered “Um, there are…like I say, [I don’t know of] any handset maker out there… Now, when we have discussions with our partners, and they ask us not to disclose them, we don’t.”
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole