Visa Europe is in discussion with banks in Romania with a view to introducing NFC payments, possibly as soon as this year, Catalin Cretu, the payments network’s country manager for Romania, has told local business newspaper ZF.
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users
- Hong Kong transit operator to test WeChat Pay and Alipay
- UK government expands open banking project to credit cards, e-wallets and prepaid cards
- UK consumers want to set their own contactless transaction limit
- Swiss consumers to get single digital ID