Inside Secure has announced its NFC chip technology has been chosen to power “a next-generation smartphone from a leading mobile phone manufacturer.” The new phone is scheduled to be introduced by mid-year, “will run on one of the most widely used mobile operating systems under license” and will use Inside’s MicroRead NFC controller chip and Open NFC protocol stack software.
- Scotiabank adds multi-loyalty programs to mobile banking apps
- Urban Airship analysis of retailers’ mobile wallet coupons and loyalty cards reveals widespread peer-to-peer sharing
- Brewery puts NFC tags in beer coasters in San Diego pub
- Bahrain to launch national e-wallet on July 4
- Square gets green light to take on banks with ‘PIN on glass’ mobile technology