Inside Secure has announced its NFC chip technology has been chosen to power “a next-generation smartphone from a leading mobile phone manufacturer.” The new phone is scheduled to be introduced by mid-year, “will run on one of the most widely used mobile operating systems under license” and will use Inside’s MicroRead NFC controller chip and Open NFC protocol stack software.
- Shanghai Metro installs QR code readers at ticketing gates
- National Australia Bank integrates with Amazon Alexa
- Westpac adds support for Amazon Alexa
- Ride-hailing app Grab acquires mobile payments startup iKaaz
- Starbucks tests cashless store concept in Seattle