Inside Secure has announced its NFC chip technology has been chosen to power “a next-generation smartphone from a leading mobile phone manufacturer.” The new phone is scheduled to be introduced by mid-year, “will run on one of the most widely used mobile operating systems under license” and will use Inside’s MicroRead NFC controller chip and Open NFC protocol stack software.
- Gatwick Airport installs 2,000 BLE beacons for augmented reality wayfinding
- Lotte Card introduces ‘pay with your palm’
- Debit cards set to overtake cash in 2018, three years earlier than expected
- Digital, decisive and drone-ready: American Express commissioned study shows Gen Z’s customer experience expectations
- EU agency calls for action on IoT security