US financial institutions had issued one million Visa-branded EMV chip cards by the end of December 2011, the payments network reports. Issuers now include Chase Card Services, State Employees’ Credit Union, United Nations Federal Credit Union, US Bank, and Wells Fargo.
- Rambus forecasts omnichannel tokenization and ‘merchant pay’ as key trends for 2018
- Australia’s central bank explores the issue of electronic banknotes
- Gemalto rejects Atos’ bid to acquire it for €4.3bn
- Nordea switches on its open banking platform
- Ford gets patent for smartphone key case