US financial institutions had issued one million Visa-branded EMV chip cards by the end of December 2011, the payments network reports. Issuers now include Chase Card Services, State Employees’ Credit Union, United Nations Federal Credit Union, US Bank, and Wells Fargo.
- NFC mobile payments roll out in Saudi Arabia
- VTB switches on Huawei Pay at retail outlets across Russia
- P2P payments gain acceptance across all US age groups
- Malibu adds NFC tags to 300,000 bottles for ‘Because Summer’ campaign
- Mastercard and Worldpay to let merchants accept payments direct from customers’ bank accounts