US financial institutions had issued one million Visa-branded EMV chip cards by the end of December 2011, the payments network reports. Issuers now include Chase Card Services, State Employees’ Credit Union, United Nations Federal Credit Union, US Bank, and Wells Fargo.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service