The marketing campaign for the 2013 Lexus GS sport sedan is to include an NFC tagged insert “in select copies” of the April edition of Wired magazine. “The insert will allow NFC-enabled smartphone users to view the mobile site upon placing the phone on top of the insert,” says the luxury car maker. “Other smartphone users can access the mobile site by entering the URL in their browsers.”
- Rail passengers pilot Bluetooth and geolocation service for ticket-free travel
- Chinese to get cash using face recognition ATMs
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform