A beta version of Google’s Chrome web browser for Android phones, released in the Android Market yesterday, requests user permission to control near field communication features upon installation. Chrome runs on Android 4.0 devices and is deeply synchronised with the user’s desktop browser. The NFC permission opens up the possibility for web-based apps to communicate with tags, cards and devices.
- BNP Paribas launches HCE mobile payments
- India Post to enable Aadhaar money transfers
- Barclaycard adds contactless payments to watches and fashion jewellery
- Samsung Pay goes live in Malaysia
- Metro Bank adds Android Pay in UK