GlobalPlatform is to publish a series of guides that aim to explain in simple terms the technology developments it is working on and how they will benefit the industry. The first focuses on the Trusted Execution Environment (TEE), a secure area that resides in the main processor of a smart phone or other mobile device and ensures that sensitive data is stored, processed and protected in a trusted environment.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills