Australia’s largest bank has chosen Giesecke & Devrient (G&D) as its trusted service manager. Commonwealth Bank launched its first NFC service, Commbank Kaching, in October 2011. The service lets iPhone users send money to their Facebook friends, and email contacts as well as make payments in stores via an add-on NFC case. The bank is now “adding multiple mobile phone-based payment options to its range of mobile banking services,” says G&D.
- UK consumers warm to face verification at the point of sale
- Heart scan biometrics could let computers continuously monitor logged in users
- New iPhones and Apple Watch to support NFC-F for FeliCa payments around the world
- Swarovski lets shoppers make payments in VR
- Cambridge academics report on cryptocurrency market status