Australia’s largest bank has chosen Giesecke & Devrient (G&D) as its trusted service manager. Commonwealth Bank launched its first NFC service, Commbank Kaching, in October 2011. The service lets iPhone users send money to their Facebook friends, and email contacts as well as make payments in stores via an add-on NFC case. The bank is now “adding multiple mobile phone-based payment options to its range of mobile banking services,” says G&D.
- Boston to introduce NFC and contactless transit ticketing
- UK challenger bank Monzo lets account holders save funds in flexible pots
- Samsung Pay goes live in Mexico
- Issuers to adopt common QR code for payments in Singapore from 2018
- Norwegian banks to form joint venture in bid to combat threat of global tech giants