Poland’s MultiBank and mBank have begun the second phase of their NFC pilot, opening up the trial to consumers for the first time by providing competition winners with an iCarte accessory they can attach to their iPhone to make mobile payments. Some 35,000 points of sale in the country are currently equipped to accept contactless payments and this number is expected to rise to more than 200,000 by the end of 2015.
- Antelop to add Visa token support to white label NFC mobile wallet platform
- Japanese banks get go ahead for digital currency launch
- UK supermarket pilots self-checkout service that lets shoppers scan and pay by smartphone
- Contactless ‘beer wall’ lets students serve and pay for their own drinks
- UK consumers warm to face verification at the point of sale