Poland’s MultiBank and mBank have begun the second phase of their NFC pilot, opening up the trial to consumers for the first time by providing competition winners with an iCarte accessory they can attach to their iPhone to make mobile payments. Some 35,000 points of sale in the country are currently equipped to accept contactless payments and this number is expected to rise to more than 200,000 by the end of 2015.
- NXP sets out its vision for the future of NFC payments
- Tesco lets shoppers self-checkout with their mobile phone at new Jack’s discount chain
- Brunei’s largest bank to use Rambus’ Token Service Provider platform to secure mobile payment transactions
- HID Global enables workers to log in with NFC mobile phones
- Costa lets customers make payments with their coffee cups