Poland’s MultiBank and mBank have begun the second phase of their NFC pilot, opening up the trial to consumers for the first time by providing competition winners with an iCarte accessory they can attach to their iPhone to make mobile payments. Some 35,000 points of sale in the country are currently equipped to accept contactless payments and this number is expected to rise to more than 200,000 by the end of 2015.
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole