The Thales OR 500 is a new reader designed for the transportation ticketing market that works with both traditional contactless transit cards and EMV bank cards. “The 500 series can be integrated in greenfield projects or as an upgrade in any regional or nationwide fare collection systems,” says the company. The first validator equipped with the OR 500 will be available by the end of 2012.
- New iPhones and Apple Watch to support NFC-F for FeliCa payments around the world
- Swarovski lets shoppers make payments in VR
- Cambridge academics report on cryptocurrency market status
- Central Bank of Uruguay to run mobile currency pilot
- Mastercard applies for blockchain B2B payments patent