The Thales OR 500 is a new reader designed for the transportation ticketing market that works with both traditional contactless transit cards and EMV bank cards. “The 500 series can be integrated in greenfield projects or as an upgrade in any regional or nationwide fare collection systems,” says the company. The first validator equipped with the OR 500 will be available by the end of 2012.
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands