Commonwealth Bank of Australia’s CommBank Kaching NFC-enabled mobile payments app has been downloaded 110,761 times in the two months since it was first made available, the bank reports. “The first release of CommBank Kaching is just the beginning of the journey and we are constantly reviewing how to evolve our technology to deliver the best customer experience,” says the bank, which last week revealed it had picked Giesecke & Devrient as its TSM.
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers
- BIS reports on the potential of central bank-issued cryptocurrencies