NXP is to showcase NFC applications from six partners at its booth at the Mobile World Congress next week:
- Part of the booth will be transformed into an NFC-based café. This, NXP partner Narian Technologies has told NFC World, will provide a full café experience “from ordering to service to automating loyalty memberships to social media including YouTube, Twitter, Yelp, Facebook and much more, all NFC enabled, all with seamless and full branding look and feel”.
- Touchanote will be showing NFC integrated with the Evernote note-taking app.
- Foursquare will be demonstrating its NFC-enabled Android app, allowing users to check into locations with a tap of their NFC phone and share information using Android Beam.
- PayByPhone will be demonstrating its NFC parking application, recently introduced in San Francisco.
- OpenWays will be showing its NFC access control application.
- DeviceFidelity will be demonstrating its solutions for adding NFC to standard mobile phones.
“NXP is pleased to showcase these innovative NFC services,” says the chip maker’s Jeff Miles. “We recognize that the growing number of NFC applications is an important part of the ecosystem and will serve to raise the visibility and appeal of NFC.”
• See NXP at the Mobile World Congress at booth 1F14 in Hall 1