Chip maker NXP has announced a new secure element platform which is form factor agnostic and incorporates the company’s next-generation SmartMX2 technology. The new platform “brings passport level security, smart card performance and multi-applications capability to the SIM market” for the first time, says NXP.
- Amazon begins delivering parcels to consumers’ cars
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents